Thursday, June 24, 2010

Charlie Boy








Today on the way home from visiting my brother, sister in law, niece and nephew I saw a rainbow. I could help but remember that God is a God of fulfills His promises. I have been fervently praying for a little boy names Charlie for over a week now. He is my nephew and he is 9 months old. He began having seizures a few weeks ago and they have been escalating in number ever since.


Today Jacob and I visited him and he had quite a few while we were there. THIS IS ABOSLUTELY the SCARIEST thing I have ever seen. Not like a scary movie type thing...but scary b/c there is nothing you can do to help him and he doesnt even know its happening. He come out of the episode and just looks around and is almost trying to figure out what just happened and what to do next. Sometimes he cries, sometimes he laughs...oh man is he ever a happy baby.


I pray for the Drs and all their knowledge of the infant brain will be able to get him on the correct medicine so he is not seizing over 30 times a day. I also pray for his development, that you will protect his brain from losing any of the things he should be learning at this point in his life. I pray for his parents that they will be able to continue to endure each day and be a sheild of comfort and love for this little boy. I pray for the parents of these parents, as I am sure they are just as scared as their children are, that they will be able to provide the kind of support their kids need. I pray for friends and prayer partners who are consistantly providing the family with support and love.

Lord, please bring healing upon Charlie and his brain. Only you Lord know the inner workings of a child so dear, I pray that your will and our want will line up perfectly and Charlie will be healed of this in your time.

What a magnificent little one...what a miracle...

Charles Ryan Skaggs

No comments:

Post a Comment